Student Teaching Farm
You’re invited to join a Fall Festival celebrating plants and people!
When: Friday, November 17, 4-6 pm
Where: Horticultural Sciences Student Teaching Gardens (map link), with plenty of free parking across the street at Fifield Hall.
What: Celebration of fall, and a time to wander and explore all the opportunities in the plant sciences
- Free U-pick of sweet potatoes, cassava, and flowers (while supplies last)! Family friendly!
- Meet the amazing community of classes, student clubs, and programs engaged in hands-on learning related to plants!
- Explore the “Opportunities Corner” to spark your career brainstorming: We’ll have reps and activities from various Industries (vertical indoor farms, local organic farms, landscape companies, and native plant producers), UF/IFAS Extension, Florida Department of Environmental Protection, Graduate School Programs (Doctor of Plant Medicine, Plant Breeding, and Plant Molecular and Cellular Biology), and the UF Career Connections Center!
- Horticultural Sciences Student Club Plant Sale!
- Free locally-produced refreshments (while supplies last)!
Feel free to share this with your students. And please reach out to me with any questions or collaboration ideas for the Plant Science Major – I’m always happy to brainstorm new opportunities!
Dina Liebowitz, email@example.com